McKenna Long & Aldridge’s attorneys and professionals work together to provide seamless, creative solutions for clients across a broad range of practice areas and geographies. Each of our practice areas is supported by the firm’s ability to develop strategic solutions with a sophisticated understanding of the industries in which our clients operate:
- Environment/Climate Change and Intellectual Property
- Government Contracts
- Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
The Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs practice at McKenna Long & Aldridge customizes public sector strategies to resolve clients’ issues with government, and to identify opportunities that will positively impact their business goals. Our clients range from multinational corporations, to non-profit organizations. Additionally, we represent governments with issues pending before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies, as well as local governments across the country seeking assistance at the state or federal levels of government. Ranked as one of the top 10 lobbying firms by Legal Times, the Government Affairs team is considered a leader in government advocacy.
We work with clients to design legislative strategies that will have the greatest impact on policy makers. We have assisted our clients in some of the following ways:
- Federal – we advance policy initiatives from the halls of Congress to the White House, and federal agencies.
- National – we successfully manage nationwide public policy initiatives, relying on a network of first in class strategists across the country.
- State – with offices in key locations including Colorado, New York, Georgia and California, we are able to impact policy decisions in state executive offices and legislatures across the country.
- Local – we understand that “all politics is local” and can assist clients in identifying when and how to approach a county or municipality, with the same insight we bring to broader initiatives.
- International – from Canada to China, our seasoned professionals work across borders in advance of our clients’ interests.
In addition to our experience in the above arenas, we offer additional support to our clients through our strategic communications and crisis management services. Our professionals work with clients to develop messages that resonate with decision makers, and augment government affairs efforts.
Our practice includes an established Political Law team that ensures all of our political and advocacy activities comply with state and federal regulations, and reporting requirements. In addition, our attorneys counsel clients and provide training to ensure their activities are compliant with all federal and state ethics laws.